-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Sean Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 27. November 2002 19:17
An: Jetspeed Users List
Betreff: RE: It is possible to refresh Portlets ?

Dont recommend using ECS, try JSP or Velocity

> To realize that actions i can't use real JAVA-Actions like the
> MouseListener
> because they are ignored by the Turbine-Engine. Now i have tried to use
> JAVA-Skript elements like onMouseOver to realize some actions. My
> idea is to
> force jetspeed by this action to refresh the page, analyses the parameters
> and repaint the table by using the parameters.
>
> The refresh works, but only my portlet is not refreshed and i got the
> following exception message where my portlet is:
>
> org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering
> Velocity template:
> /controls/html/jetspeed.vm: Invocation of method 'getContent' in class
> org.apache.jetspeed.portal.security.portlets.CacheableStatefulPort
> letWrapper
> threw exception class java.util.NoSuchElementException : null
>
> Where is my failure? Knows anybody a solution or a better way to realize
> actions (perhaps execute real java actions)? In every action i
> must read out
> some parameters and repaint the explorer-Portlet by checking
> these params...

I believe Struts has a tree view control.
This looks cool, not sure if its part of Jakarta Struts or add-on

http://struts.application-servers.com/tags/treeview.html

Do you know about Turbine actions in Jetspeed?
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/action-event-howto.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/fsd.html