Hi Albert:
I solved the problem by adding 2 more lines in turbineresources.properties file..
database.adaptor=DBMM
database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
Thanks for the reply and comments..
Regards
Babitha
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:Hi babitha,

so as for mysql, why you dont use org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver as driver ?
Which jdbc mysql driver do you have ?

albert

> Hi buddies:
>
> It's really nice to see a good product like jetspeed, Congratulations to
> all behind this, I downloaded Jetspeed and configured to work with tomcat.

> My environment is Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.1.12, Jetspeed1.4b1, mysql
> 3.23.53
> Everything works fine and I could develop a couple of portlets and
> installed those in jetspeed.
> Now I need to use mysql as my database instead of hsql . According to the
> manual I created the database called jetspeed in mysql and run the scripts
> turbine-mysql and populate-mysql found on src/sql/external from source
> release.
>
> I downloaded the mysql driver and put mysql-connect-or-java-2.0.14.bin.jar
> in my jetspeed/web-inf/lib
>
> In my torque.properties file I changed the settings like
> #
> # T O R Q U E P R O P E R T I E S
> #
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> # These are your database settings. Look in the
> # org.apache.pool.* packages for more information.
> #
> # The parameters to connect to the default database. You MUST
> # configure these properly.
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> database.default.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jetspeed
> database.default.username=root
> database.default.password=
>
> After restarting my tomcat server and when I point my url
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed I get error messages like shown below,
Please advise me to
> correct this and run my portal. Any help from those who tried jetspeed
with
> mysql/DB2 will be greatly appreciated...
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in
> BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): Unknown JDBC driver:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver: Check your
> configuration file
> at

org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:130)
> at

org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:109)
> at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(TurbineUserManagement.java:164)
> at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserManagement.java:98)

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++