Check to see whether you're using the regular Velocity or the
non-singleton velocity --- in general, singletons are bad news for
running multiple applications on the same server because, under
tomcat, it is only the /illusion/ if distinct applications; all
singleton classes are _shared_ state machines.

The situation you describe sounds identical to the way I discovered
this about Velocity: I had deployed an app on a server and extolled
the virtues of Velocity to everyone else.  One of the other developers
actually took me up on it and, without telling me, started his own
project based on Velocity, only when ever the JVM was reset, who's
program worked and who's didn't depended in part on who's was /used/
first, and in part on who's was /loaded/ first.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - TeleDynamics Communications
   - blog: http://www.teledyn.com/mt/ - biz: http://teledyn.com/ -