Not to leave you without any recourse, I will point out that you can do the
equivalent with the Peer classes.  The retrieveByPK methods have versions
that work within a transaction.  Thus, if you specify your DB when you start
the transaction, you can then use the Peers to grab the objects as expected.

You'd have to implement your own caching mechanism to get the equivalent
Manager functionality.

-- Michael