Yes, it's possible.
This is what I did.
I had to do only authentication against a Ms. AD. I
had readonly access to it, so, I wrote my own class to
perform that auth. and then changed reference in
JetspeedSecurity.properties.

Take a look to
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.java
to see how to code your own auth.

Of course, you will need to take Jetspeed from CVS or
from a nightly build if you don't know or cannot use
CVS.

Anyway, if you need more help, just drop a line :)

Iv.