Using Jetspeed 1.4-b4, I made two entries into my.properties to
override two properties in the default property file and then modified
web.xml to use my.properties but I cannot get it to work.  I am
receiving the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: ServiceBroker: unknown service
PoolService requested
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:367)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:293)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

  I looked at bug 16781 and tried removing the LoggingService entry but
no luck - then I get a Horrible Exception on 'enabled' not being a
boolean declaration.

-------------------------
my.properties entries:
topnav.logo.file=images/banner.gif
leftnav.enable=false

web.xml entry:
            <param-value>
              WEB-INF/conf/my.properties
            </param-value>

  Does anyone know a workaround for this behavior in 1.4-b4?

thx,
Gerry Reno