Also, if you open connections explicitly, make sure you release them all.
(Sorry if the tip is too simple for you, but stupid people like me tend to
forget things like this :-)
Stefan

Am Thursday 10 July 2003 13:04 schrieb Anandkumar Ayyachamy:
> If you are using connection pooling DBCP from jakarta then there are
> settings
> such as maxIdle="20" maxWait="200000" make sure to set it high as per
> requirement.
> You can also check your Mysql variables to see the connection timeout
> value and
> set it as your requirement.
> Hope this helps
> -AK
>
> Raffaele Ragni wrote:
> >Il gio, 2003-07-10 alle 12:44, Danny ha scritto:
> >>We have jetspeed (1.4 build 4) configured with MySQL DB (I must admit,
> >> that the Sever is quite a poor machine) and some portlets, that generate
> >> charts from DB. Everything works fine, but after a while Jetspeed looses
> >> the connection to the DB. And when the connection is lost, Jetspeed has
> >> to be restarted.
> >>
> >>My question now is:
> >>
> >>Is this a know thing?
> >>Is this related to Jetspeed? (We have another Jetspeed based application
> >>working with Oracle, where everything is OK)
> >>Is this related to the server? (pentium 1, 128 MB RAM, OS Windows NT)
> >>
> >>Anny hint is appreciated.
> >>
> >>Danny
> >>
> >>==========================================
> >>T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH
> >>Danny Gehl
> >>Authorized Java Center (AJC)
> >>Hausanschrift: Riesaer Straße 5, 01029 Dresden
> >>Tel.: (0351) 8505 845
> >>Fax.: (in Arbeit)
> >>E-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>http://www.T-Systems-MMS.com

Stefan Kuhn M. A.
Cologne University BioInformatics Center (http://www.cubic.uni-koeln.de)
Zülpicher Str. 47, 50674 Cologne
Tel: +49(0)221-470-7428   Fax: +49 (0) 221-470-7786
My public PGP key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu