I did use it already and the existing approach has
proven very flexible. although there is one problem:

having a harvester gathering all data for indexing
triggered by a daemon, it is AFAIK impossible to
index portlets. This is because the daemon process
has no request,response and no valid RunData, so
the portlet cannot build it's content.

Therefore I put all necessary data into the database
and build the index straight from the database data.

Maybe somebody has another idea?

joachim