From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 29, 2003 7:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: New User Account: Timestamps are not entered properly to
MySQL tu rbine_user table

I also tested the effect of changing the Date parameter in
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.CreateNewUserAndConfirm´s
doPerform() method. Default was like follows:
         Date now = new Date();
           JetspeedUser user = JetspeedSecurity.getUserInstance();
              user.setUserName( username );
              user.setCreateDate(now);
              user.setLastLogin(new Date(0));
              user.setFirstName(
data.getParameters().getString("firstname") );
              user.setLastName(
data.getParameters().getString("lastname") );
              user.setEmail( data.getParameters().getString("email") );

              createUser(user, data);

I changed it to:
         Date now = new Date(0);

but now, when I added new user, the LAST_LOGIN entry in MYSQL´s
user_turbine table changed to 00000000000000 from 19700102010000. No
other changes. Why the user.setCreateDate(now) affected the LAST_LOGIN
field? What´s the purpose of user.setLastLogin() then?!?

Secondly... The "new user" html-form in the portal seems to call for
this class as it´s action, but the createUser() method is empty. Where
the creation is actually handled? I´m lost.

Thanks for all comments.
Risto Kärkkäinen