Title: Message
I've been trying to build a proof of concept for a client using Jetspeed.  I installed the out-of-the-box build of 1.1.4-b4 and was immediately up and running-- accessing both from my desktop web browser and my RIM BlackBerry web browser with success.

I then created a Velocity portlet which works GREAT when I access it via HTML.  I updated the portlet to support WML as a media type, and wrote the following additional file:

<card id="_ProjectHeader">
    Jason
</card>

I used an indentical template name to that used on the HTML side (the same name listed in the parameters in the .xreg file) and placed the WML card into the WEB-INF/templates/vm/portlets/wml directory.

After a restart of Tomcat, I logged in as Tommy Turbine and customized my WML home page.  I removed the stock and weather portlets, and added my ProjectHeader portlet.

I then grabbed my BlackBerry and tried to log in and it fails.  I've probably restarted Tomcat a dozen times in the last 30 minutes.  The jetspeed.log file contains little help.  Essentially, I can follow the process:

I see the CapabilityMaP identify my BlackBerry user agent.
The PSMLManager does its thing.
GenericMVCPortlet logs a velocity, template = project-header
user "turbine" is authorized to portlet set P-f6ae......
TemplateLocator: template exists. (flow.vm)
6 lines of checking for Portlet permission: actions like customize, print_friendly, info, close, etc.
BOOM! Error rendering Velocity template: null: null

I'm stumpped.  Help?!?!?!?

I've even tried REMOVING my portlet and going BACK to the MyWeather portlet and it still crashes.

Jason

--
Jason R. Weiss
Cell Phone: 832.443.7161