On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 03:36 AM, Michael Burschik wrote:

I created a database browser based on the bluesunrise tutorial example.
"Edit" links for the individual items link to another portlet on another
page. The edit form works as expected, except for the fact that I can not
return to the database browser with a redirect. The only clue I found in the
jetspeed log is the notice "redirect requested, response already committed",
which I do not understand.

This question, or a similar one, seems to have been raised once before in
March, but I failed to find an answer to the inital post.

Any elucidation would be warmly appreciated.

Sounds like you are trying to redirect from within the build normal context method, and not the action.
You have to redirect in the action phase, its too late in the getContent phase.

Anyway it does work in the tutorial, right?
I would suggest looking at the code there....

See TutorialCoffeesAction, the returnToBrowser method, called from the doUpdate action

-- David Sean Taylor Bluesunrise Software [EMAIL PROTECTED] +01 707 773-4646 +01 707 529 9194