From: Tâm Huynh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 4:45 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: hidden / dependent portlets

Hi,

I have developed a modified user- and role-browser that
users can add to their sets of portlets.

I want the role browser to be invisible and to only come up
when clicking on some link -- just like the original
(admin-)role-browser does.

I saw that you can do this by setting a parameter _menustate
in the user's psml file. But this must be done _manually_ for
each user, right? I want it to be hidden by default,
automatically, when you add it. I tried adding the line

<parameter name="_menustate" value="closed"/>

to the registry entry of the portlet, with no effect.

Thanks for any tips,
Tâm