At 12:58 AM 10/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Dear group,
I run jetspeed 1.4b5-dev (CVS) and when the JBoss application server starts loading my portal.war file the logging stops within JBoss completly and only uses the log4j settings in my jetspeed web app. Anybody know what I can do to make these two work together. Or even turn off logging in jetspeed and just use JBoss. I'm using JBoss version 3.2.1 production. Thanks for any help I may recieve.

Assuming log4j.jar is in WEB-INF/lib of your Jetspeed webapp....

http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jboss/ClassLoading.pdf

<quote>
WAR Loader. The WAR Loader is a servlet container specific ClassLoader that delegates to the Web
ENCLoader as its parent class loader. The default behavior is to load from its parent class loader and
then the war WEB-INF/{classes,lib} directories. If the servlet 2.3 class loading model is enabled it
will first load from the war WEB-INF/{classes,lib} and then the parent class loader.
<quote>

So, it looks as if JBoss supports being able to use the servlet-2.3 class loading model, but you have to enable it yourself (although I didn't see any information how exactly to do that). There is lots of other interesting stuff in that document. For those having problems logging in JBoss, this is a must read.

Jake