I have looked at the current beta version of Jetspeed,  and for a variety of
reasons have determine that it is not the open source portal framework that
I need to go with for a new project I have been assigned to.  I think 2.0
would be excellent, but I am unable to wait until 1st quarter 2004, as I
have to have something out the door by early Jan 2004.  I am in the process
of evaluating Liferay, which is a 168 compliant open source portal based on
Hypersonic and Struts.  The down side is that it is almost all EJB based.

I have to make a decision soon as to which framework we will use on our new
project.  So I thought I would ask if there are any other JSR 168 compliant
open source portals out there that people are familiar with.  I have not yet
looked at Pluto, but I understand it is just a framework by which you can
build your own portal from.  I would prefer to utilize an open source portal
that already has some implementation built in for logging, roles, groups,
users, etc, as we are on a very short time frame.  Is anyone else out there
aware of any other 168 compliant open source portals I should look at?  To
date, Jetspeed and Liferay are the only two that I have found, and Liferay
is the only stable product that I found out there at this time.

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations offered.

Celeste Haseltine, PE
J2EE Architect
972-512-5103