From: Ramiro Rinaudo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 9:55 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Difference Pluto <-> Jetspeed

Pluto is a portlet container, as tomcat is a servlet container. Turbine is a
J2EE web development framework. Jetspeed1 uses lots of services of turbine,
but it is not a portlet container. Jetspeed2 uses pluto to manage portlets
lifecycle, and tomcat to manage Jetspeed2 servlet lifecycle.
Hope this clear your view about this.

Ramiro