Hello,

I have added some RSS feeds to my jakarta configuration, as I love to see all relevant (to me) news on one page. I want to see fresh news, when I reload the portal page, but with the default configuration (1.4-b4) it seems, the feeds cache is renewed nearly never. ;-)

As I understand it, the feed daemon will get the content of the feeds into the disk cache directory, so I lowered the idle time of the feed-daemon from 3 hours to 10 minutes. This didn't help at all. As the disk-daemon is doing something in the disk cache directory, I tried to lower this idle time (and putting the feed-daemon back to it's former configuration), and this works now. So now I know how to help myself, but I don't know, *why* this works?

Could someone explain to me the difference between this two daemons, what they are doing *exactly*, and why the feed daemon doesn't update feeds? The documentation is not helpfull on this topic ("This section is incomplete"). Thank you!