From: Martin Dostal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Torque generated OM & JetSpeed
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:23:09 +0100

Hello,

I have created a simple portlet that uses Torque generated object model to access database. Torque.properties file is the same for both JetSpeed and for generation of OM, yet I'm unable to access database through OM - everytime I got the exception:

'java.lang.NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This could be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs and Torque.properties to better determine the cause'

On the other hand, I can normally use JetSpeed to access the same database (for users etc.). Moreover, DatabaseBrowser portlet can access it, even for tables that I use in my OM. Does anyone have a clue what am I doing wrong?

P. S. I'm using JetSpeed 1.4b4 and PostgreSQL.

TIA,

--
Martin Dostal