Make sure the following two properties are set in JetspeedResources.properties:
services.Profiler.rolefallback=true
services.Profiler.newuser.template=

If user_xyz has a psml page defined, you may try deleteing it.  I think the way the
profiler works, it will pick up user-based psml FIRST, and then look for role-based
psml if no user psml exists.

Your initial form submit action doesn't get called because it's calling a portlet
that, at the time, doesn't exist in Jetspeed's mind.  It seems counterintuitive, but I
believe that's the case.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/05/03 05:13PM >>>
Hello,

I know it is a pretty long post, but I really tried to
compress it to bare minimum.

We would like to implement role based security and layout for our portal.

We auto generate xreg and psml files based on information
defined in a document of a certain structure, with base Portlet
IDs in xreg file and instance Portlet IDs in psml files
generated based on some rule. We use instance portlet IDs
from PSML files to construct URLs in JSP based portlets
for form submit, etc. Majority of links reference OTHER portlets!

The current setup:
- user account user_xyz exists that has only one role role_abc
- a psml file defined in WEB-INF/psml/role/role_abc/html/default.psml

When user user_xyz logs in, the picture is:
- rendered page with the proper layout defined in default.psml for role role_abc.

- all links of tabs and menu items reference unique (generated by JetSpeed) portlet
 IDs instead of the ones that are defined in default.psml for role_abc.
(This is a problem for us!)

- browser (IE) URL: http://localhost:8080/abc/portal

It looks like all links on the page are user URLs, not ROLE URLs.
As example, TAB URL:
http://localhost:8080/abc/portal/media-type/html/user/user_xyz/page/default.psml/js_pane/P-f8ad89196e-10016

 Menu Item URL:
http://localhost:8080/abc/portal/media-type/html/user/user_xyz/page/default.psml/js_pane/P-f8ad89196e-10006

Clicking on menu item brings properly rendered portlet with our HARDCODED links
in html body that reference portlet IDs that we created and placed into PSML file.
Form submit URL that we construct looks like:
<form ...
action="portal/media-type/html/role/role_abc/page/default.psml/js_pane/Inst1PortletName"
 ...>
Inst1PortletName is portlet name in our generated file
.../role/role_abc/html/default.psml.

Form submit leads to page reload (without executing expected action) with all URLs
on reloaded page being from WEB-INF/psml/role/role_abc/html/default.psml
- as we would like it to be.

The other way to achieve loading of the main page with links as defined in psml
file that we generate is to change browser URL to (and refresh):
http://localhost:8080/abc/portal/media-type/html/role/role_abc/

There are 2 questions:
1. Is it a proper way to construct site layout and links when using JetSpeed?
2. How to configure JetSpeed to load default ROLE based layout after login with
links as they are defined in psml file that we create?

Thank you for your help!

Alex