OK, it's been awhile since I've worked with Jetspeed.  I'm hoping I can
help you out and I hope other people on the list can benefit from this.
I figured out how to do this by scouring the mail archives.

1.  Get the latest version of Jetspeed.  At the time I did this, the
"latest" version was 1.4b4.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

2.  Get the source for Jetspeed version 1.4b1.  I believe what you need
from here is the security-schema.xml.  This one's supposedly correct for
Postgresql.  Details are fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure this is the only
file you need to copy from 1.4b1 and simply replace it in your latest
build.

3.  In turbine-postgres.sql, change all instances of datatype "oid" to
datatype "bytea".

4.  Run your scripts to create the Postgresql database.

5.  Build your WAR file from source and deploy.

Hope this helps somewhat.  It's been some time.  I can't remember all
the steps I followed, but I'm looking at my deployed server and the
directory I built from.

Michael Bishop