David,
  No, I did not have the demo app deployed.  I deployed it into 4.1.29
and guess what - Jetspeed-2 displayed with a login portlet!  Finally.
I wish this dependency was documented in GETTING_STARTED.
  I tried the exact same sequence with 5.0.14 but no luck - still
getting the double initialization error.

  Also, nothing happens when I click on HW_App in the TC manager.  Is
there a different URL that I should use other than
http://localhost:8080/HW_App ?  Right now all I get is a Directory
Listing page with no files listed.

Gerry Reno

--- David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 01:04  PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
> > David,
> >   Ok, I retried this and did not remove the pluto jar from
> shared/lib
> > this time.
> yes Pluto needs to be there
>
> > Jetspeed now initializes and I see a page with only the
> > Jetspeed-2 logo on it but nothing else.  The loge still shows
> problems:
> >
> > INFO: Jetspeed Initialization complete, Ready to service requests.
> > Nov 20, 2003 4:00:39 PM org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet
> init
> > INFO: Jetspeed Initialization complete, Ready to service requests.
> > Nov 20, 2003 4:00:40 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
> start
> > INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
> > Nov 20, 2003 4:00:40 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> > INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> > Nov 20, 2003 4:00:40 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> > INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/41
> > config=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/conf/jk2.properties
> > Capability Valve Invoked
> > *** Getting portlet from registry: LoginPortlet
> > org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Failed to load:
> > LoginPortlet from registry
> >         at
>
> Your registry does not have a portlet entry named "LoginPortlet"
> Did you run the "maven pam.deploy" goal?
> The PSML is hard-coded right now, so it expects that the demo app
> will
> be deployed

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Gerry Reno
mailto: grenoml at@ yahoo dot. com
(if mail bounces please retry later - spam rapidly fills up mailbox)