On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 10:43 AM, Robert Gombotz wrote:

I had a look at the DatabaseBrowserTest Portal that comes with the Original distribution. if you customize that portlet, you can give it an sql-querystring. but this also works with INSERT INTO and DELETE statements. I can't imagine that it is desirable desirable to allow a standard user these actions.

any opinions on that?

Robert
IMO its just an example, and its useful for people to try out different SQL statements, for learning purposes
You could simply disable it or...

we could submit a feature request where it disallows:

- any DML (or a list of SQL statements i.e. UPDATE, DELETE ....)
- any queries against a configurable list of tables

For me its just an example and I would remove the portlet in production