On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:34, Rajeev Singh wrote:
> Hi
>   I am Rajeev and new to Jet speed i want to participate
> but I don't know from where to start

it can be a bit of a shock

if I were you, I'd start with a plain boring linux box (at the risk of a
flame war, I like Debian for servers). You'll be wanting lots of RAM in
it, well over 512MB or even 1.5 or 2GB!

Then get apache 1.3.xx working.

Then install java and check it compiles and runs things.

Then get tomcat working (using mod_jk).

Then get jetspeed1.4 (stable/current) and build/install it.

other things you'll want to do useful things:
mysql or oracle DB

> > what tools to be used
> > what platform it is working on
> > where i can get these resources
> > what is actually going onm
>  i have through with the literature on the site but
> i am still not clear
> Hope someone in the communinty will Help me in DETAIL
> Please it is needed sincerely speaking
> so that i can contribute at the earliest
> Thanks
> Rajeev

if you've never done any of the above before, you'll need a couple of
weeks to get it right.

Paul