From: Richard Berger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 12:17 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: RE: HSQL to mySQL configuration problem - ProfileException

Admittedly, I am a newbie at this, but I did move my user database from HSQL to SQL
Server (work system) and have also been worked through problems with mySql (home
system).

First, I believe that the answer to your FIRST QUESTION is "Yes" - as I have moved the
database users but never touched the PSML configuration. I think the key is to get the
DB configuration correct.  I was able to populate the SQL Server database using the
scripts you referenced without quite the changes you needed, but the key thing is that
if the database tables are looking good, then you are past this stage.

The error you are seeing indicates users profiles can't be found.  Are they in fact in
the database?  (e.g. can you query the tables and see the users).  If they are there,
and the format looks right, then it could very well be your connection to the database
as specified in the torque.properties files.

Is the root password on your mysql database blank?  Does the root user have
permissions on the two tables that you created?

My best guess is that you are having connection problems, second guess is that your
tables didn't get set up quite correctly (or lack proper permissions).

Good luck!
RB

Twenty Years | One Mission | Accelerating Business Processes

Richard Berger
Action Technologies, Inc.
VP, Product Management
510.748.1017 (Office)
510.769.0596 (Fax)
www.actiontech.com

NOTE: The opinions expressed herein are those of the writer and not necessarily those
of Action Technologies, Inc. or its employees or its affiliates.