Much appreciated.  Will attempt to duplicate your success.

Michael Dalton

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Berger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 12:16 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: RE: Cone's To Do List portlet configuration problem (SOLVED)....

It finally works - and the key was that I took a wrong path early in the process.
Recalling my options earlier in the thread:
  a) Inserting the todolist tables into your default database   OR
  b) Setting up a (new) connection to your mySQL database and then changing the
portlet code to use the mySQL database.

I chose path (b) and many hours of frustration.  I finally did the following: 1. Set
up mySQL as the default DBMS (instead of the hypersonic) 2. In mySQL, created the
necessary tables and populated them per the instructions (into the jetspeed database
in mySQL) 3. Then added the todolist tables to the jetspeed database 4. Changed all
the BasePortalTodolist*Peer.java code to refer to the "default" database (as per the
original code).

And then it worked!
Whew,
RB

Twenty Years | One Mission | Accelerating Business Processes

Richard Berger
Action Technologies, Inc.
VP, Product Management
510.748.1017 (Office)
510.769.0596 (Fax)
www.actiontech.com

NOTE: The opinions expressed herein are those of the writer and not necessarily those
of Action Technologies, Inc. or its employees or its affiliates.