For our simple POC, I did not extend any classes to achieve SSO, but just
modified doPerform() of class JLoginUser and used RunData to read the user
and sessionspec (3rd party SSO)  from the request header.

In the same method, invoked a custom helper class to  validate the
sessionspec against the 3rd party Authentication server and reject or
accept the user based on the outcome.

Further checked to see if the User  is a JetspeedUser (ie. in Jetspeed
database). If not, created the user using JetspeedSecurity.addUser() and
assigning each user a common password.

Proceeded by login the user using JetspeedSecurity.login(). Only caveat
here is I could not get the auto-login to work w/o the password. If there
was a way in Jetspeed to create a Jetspeed user session by just using the
UserId !?

But this works. As long as the password is complex and the Jetspeed Login
interface is commented out in JetspeedResource.properties
(topnav.user_login.enable=false) !

To invoke the JLoginUser SSO, I simply point the browser to
http://server/jetspeed/portal?action=JLoginUser . My SSO solution
intercepts the request, prompts for Login, authenticates and authorizes
the user and simply redirects to the above URL and from then on the
doPerform() of JLoginUser takes over as described above.

regards
-Jignesh

David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/23/2004 01:23 PM