On Sunday, March 28, 2004, at 02:58 PM, sinda hauser wrote:

From the tutorial the steps are:

1. Create your HelloWorld Portlet.  Compile it and make sure it
is in the classpath, ie WEB-INF/classes/.  Packaged classes
should have the directories under this.
2. Add a reference for your portlet to Jetspeed's Portlet
Registry. ie create the yourfragment.xreg  which I assume you
have and using local-portlets.xreg

3. From the menu customizer it should list the new portlet,
check the box so that it gets included. Next, Save and apply and
apply.

4. Restart tomcat (assuming you're using tomcat). Log on and it
should display.

Brilliant:
3.  Customize your portal
4. Restart, Login

Honestly, I find the tutorial difficult to follow as it does not
show the cause and effect.  Good Luck.

How is this for cause and effect: The tutorial has been removed from the web.
If anyone needs a tutorial in the future, please reference the 4 step tutorial above