On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 08:24 AM, Aly, Mohamed wrote:

Hi,

We are currently considering a web portal interface to our application.
JetSpeed is one of the first candidates, but I have some questions;

-How far away is JetSpeed 2.0 the JSR168 compliant portal? Can I get it from
CVS? Is it stable? If not, I can consider developing for JetSpeed 1.4.

Its got a ways to go, but IMO we are now making progress.
I will be concentrating on compliance issues as a priority.
2.0 is not stable nor is it ready to be used at this time

-Does either 1.4 or 2.0 support inter-portlet communication? Any idea on
when it will become part of the JSR168 standard?
1.1 of the portlet spec will cover that
a release date of the spec is not available at this time

-Does either support iframe portlets?

the spec doesn't keep you from writing iframe portlets

-Can I use some sort of auto refresh mechanism with either? (like, <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"..)

Appreciate your help getting me some answers to make such a decision.