Basically, the issue is jetspeed should called each portlets
build*Context() method after processing the current portlet action.

That would be the way to simulate portlet to portlet communication by
setting session or request attributes.

Seems jetspeed is calling the build*Context() and processing the portlet
action based on the page layout.

Please tell us if we need to follow a different approach, or we need to
migrate to 1.5 or if there is any workaround to this problem.

Also, is there any service we can implement to manage this processing
cycle?

Regards.
Diego.