On May 14, 2004, at 4:51 PM, Frédéric FACHINETTI wrote:

Hello,

I plan to migrate from jetspeed 1.4 to 1.5, and I'm trying to
evaluate the time it will take me to do so.

I would like some advice before proceeding as I've seen many jetspeed
1.5 issues lately.

1/ Is it worth migrating from 1.4 to 1.5 ?

Look at the feature list and bug fixes in the release notes and decide from there

2/ Wouldn't it be better to mmigrate from 1.4 to jetspeed2 ?

not yet

3/ What would be the main steps to go from 1.4 to 1.5 ?

I recommend switching to try switching to the Jetspeed plugin

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/plugin

although it does have a few issues to iron out

I mean I have a few portlets, a few java class. I have customized some
.properties file in WEB-INF/conf.
Would it be "enought" to copy these files from 1.4 directories to 1.5
directories ?

Don't recommend storing your code in the Jetspeed tree Keep a separate project as done in the tutorial with the plugin