On Jun 22, 2004, at 8:15 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We would like to create a new portlet mode to display a help page on a
per-portlet basis (similar to other modes, like info, configure, etc.) Is
there an easy way to do this with Jetspeed 1.5?

- Create a new permission for your new custom mode
- I think you will need to extend the VelocityPortletControl to handle your custom mode, see the buildActionList method
- Then see jetspeed.vm, as you will need to have a new image for your new action name
- create a new action class for the new mode, see o.a.j.modules.controls for examples

Also, will there be
direct support for this sort of thing in Jetspeed 2?

Yes, its in the portlet spec, but not required that the portal support extended modes
Jetspeed-2 currently has no support for extended modes although if you are interested in implemented it I'd be glad to help