From: Scott T. Weaver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:33 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Has anyone used Hibernate

OJB is what I had experience with at the time when I was working with
Jetspeed 1 at my previous company.  AFAIK, we can't use Hibernate in any
Apache projects because of Hibernate's LGPL license.   So that is why
OJB was also chosen for Jetspeed 2.  However, the entire O/R api in J2
is abstracted by our PersistenceStore API layer, so if you wanted to use
Hibernate in J2, it would be very easy to implement.

I did look at some of the JDO implementations out there at the time and
they either had incompatible licenses or were to immature.

Bob Fleischman wrote:

>Why OJB? There are quite a few Object Relational solutions, is there any
one
>preferred by the Jetspeed group.

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *