The original template is stored in the registry.  Read it from the registry
and, upon completion of your action, set the template back to the original
one.

FWIW, I have arrived at a point where I place the template selection logic
in buildNormalContext, including Step 1..n templates for wizard-style
portlets as that seems easiest to follow/maintain.  The actions simply set a
parameter on the session indicating which template should be set.  This
centralizes all of my template selections, avoiding the problem of having
template setting code scattered throughout my class.  YMMV.

-- Michael