Phillip,

Yes, we too are interested in role based PSML configuration, (right?). I am glad to see there is general interest in helping the jetspeed2 team develop a tutorial and look forward to any and all input. At this point, I am trying to lay the foundation for a tutorial by establishing the "best" practices for customizing the base build/install. Once there, I think I will move immediately on to layout/decoration/page/security configuration based on the things I need to do while prototyping our Portal. After I get the base content in place and look and feel off the ground, I was going to address portlet development/deployment.

I too would like to see more focus on jetspeed2 configuration than was developed for jetspeed1.5. However, even our modest portal project will require some portlet development! I would guess that a Wiki based FAQ/Tutorial that can be contributed to over time will eventually find the balanced coverage we all need.

Thanks for the encouragement,

Randy Watler

Philip Saville wrote:

Hi Randy,

If you're thinking of offering input for the Tutorial for Jetspeed 2, I
would like to offer a few comments about the Jetspeed 1.5 tutorial I
hope can be improved.

I found the first few chapters of the original tutorial very helpful in
configuring and customizing the look and feel of the portal. The primary
focus of the tutorial, however, seemed to be about developing portlets,
although it is an excellent way to customize ones portal, the tutorial
did not really explain enough detail about PSML.

My goal is to have a portal based solely on roles. Imagine a portal
designed for hundreds of users where the administration of the content
is managed by a small team, roles are the only sensible solution. Once I
have figured out exactly how I can accomplish this, I would be very
willing to help/ contribute towards a tutorial or publication about the
Jetspeed 2.

Thanks and best regards,
Philip