From: Moabi Nyokong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 2:12 AM
To: 'Jetspeed Users List'
Subject: RE: chart portlet on jetspeed

We use cewolf over here...same thing applies. Create data for the chart in
an action, pick up this data in a JSPPortlet with cewolf taglibs added...

This is what one of my graph pages looks like:

<!-- JSPPortlet page -->

<%@ taglib uri='/templates/jsp/tld/template.tld' prefix='jetspeed' %>
//Jetspeed taglib
<%@ taglib uri='/templates/jsp/tld/cewolf-1.1.tld' prefix='cewolf' %>
//Cewolf taglib
<jsp:useBean id="premiumGraph"  scope="session" class="PremiumGraphBean"/>
//PremiumGraph implements a cewolf DatasetProducer, and holds a 2D Integer
array created from java.sql.ResultSet

    <cewolf:chart id="line" title="<%= premiumGraph.getHeading()%>"
type="Pie" xaxislabel="Time"
                  yaxislabel="Premium" showlegend="false">
            <cewolf:data>
                    <cewolf:producer id="premiumGraph"/> //Names the object
holding graph
            </cewolf:data>
    </cewolf:chart>

    <cewolf:img chartid="line" renderer="cewolf" width="800" height="300">
        <cewolf:map id="premiumGraph"/> //Prompts the graph object for data.
    </cewolf:img>

<!--// JSPPortlet page -->