I have recently pulled Jetspeed2 from CVS HEAD to pick up some of the latest changes. I built it from scratch and installed it normally using MySQL. Afterward, launching the portal default page results in the "anon" user being logged in. I am unable to logout using the security portlet, (anon remains logged in), or login as a different user using login.jsp, (it results in a Tomcat redirection error; I assume it is not intended to be invoked directly). Anyway, being locked into "anon" seems odd, but I may not be understanding something that needs to be configured!

I am trying to add a login capability to the layout decorations instead of using the security portlet. This seems simple enough, but the above problem has derailed me at the moment. Thoughts?

Randy Watler