Hampton, Thomas wrote:

What I was trying to do is use Velocity to implement the Layout for a
page and then have some Screens that are implemented in JSP and some in
Velocity.

Ok, got it.  You can't mix VM & JSP this way.  The code forces the
Screen & Layout to both be either JSP or VM.  Seems to me that you ought
to be able to do this, but I'm not familiar enough with Turbine to know
if this is a limitation of Turbine or Jetspeed.  If Turbine can support
this scenario how hard would it be to get Jetspeed to do it ?

It should be extremely simple since the engine supports it and the issue looks to mainly be the use of
default extensions.

Firsft thing first, have you tried explicit extension naming like in:

http://<portal>/jetspeed/portal/layout/default.jsp/template/test.vm

It should work and prove that it's just the assumption that need fixing.
Note that navigations should mix well too if you take care to suffix them with '.jsp' and '.vm' as required.

If the above works, you can modify the default layout property and default template properties in your
properties file to explicitely select the correct version and then use the full template name with extension
in your links between screen templates.

--
Raphaël Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://portals.apache.org/