Hema,

I just got my Jetspeed 2 up and running with a few
minor glitches. Can you check to make sure that you
have the OJB.properties under
\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes? If not, copy this
file from \etc\db-ojb under jetspeed to
\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes under tomcat.

-Vin

--- Hema Menon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a couple of trials, I was able to build
> Jetspeed 2 successfully.
> The maven Quickstart also completed. However when I
> start Tomcat and
> go to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed, I find an
> empty page. Tomcat
> logs shows the following errors...
>
> Can someone give some pointers on what is causing
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hema

> og4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
> properly.
> JNDI System Property flag null
> [BOOT] WARN: Could not load properties file
> 'OJB.properties'. Using
> default settings!
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\OJB.properties (The system
> cannot find the file specified)
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\OJB.properties (The
> system cannot find the file specified)
>       at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>       at

java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>       at

java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)

sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:69)

sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:156)
>       at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:913)
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.impl.ConfigurationAbstractImpl.load(ConfigurationAbstractImpl.java:429)
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.impl.OjbConfiguration.load(OjbConfiguration.java:270)
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.impl.ConfigurationAbstractImpl.<init>(ConfigurationAbstractImpl.java:66)
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.impl.OjbConfiguration.<init>(OjbConfiguration.java:107)
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.impl.OjbConfigurator.<init>(OjbConfigurator.java:55)

> ....... futher  errors....
>
> [BOOT] ERROR: Creation of PersistenceBrokerFactory
> (PBF) instance
> failed, can't get PBF class object

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error
> creating bean with name
> 'java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory' defined
> in URL

[file:/D:/Tomcat5.0/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]:
> Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.PreferencesException:
> Failed to initialize
> prefs api.  java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.PreferencesException:
> Failed to initialize
> prefs api.  java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>       at

org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl.init(PreferencesFactoryImpl.java:69)