Hi,
  I'm having a problem where Jetspeed 1.6 dev craps out after tomcat
is reloaded, stopped and/or started multiple times.  This also happens
when I use Tomcat's manager to reload, stop and start Jetspeed
multiple times

Using J2 pre_portalurl_refactor_20041015, Jetspeed 1.6 Fusion as of
Nov 5, JDK 1.4.2_05b4, Tomcat 5.0.28

This shows up on the main page:
 org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: Service Registry
failed to initialize
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException: Unable to
initialize LateInitCastorRegistryService, missing config keys
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.LateInitCastorRegistryService.init(LateInitCastorRegistryService.java:368)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:304)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException:
Service Registry failed to initialize
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:322)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.services.Registry.getService(Registry.java:63)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.services.Registry.get(Registry.java:81)

I have tried looking through Jira and Bugzilla, and I can't find a
solution to this issue.  I don't want to have to rebuild the war every
time because I lose all the configurations I made.

There is also the outstanding issue of Fusion stack traces in the logs:

jetspeed-2.log:
 ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.engine.AbstractEngine -
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreExcepti
on: Error registering bean with name 'PortalServices' defined in URL
[file:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/rdqportal/WEB-INF/conf/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]
: Bean class [org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedPortletServices]
not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jetspeed.servi
ces.JetspeedPortletServices

And a crap load of Fusion Engine failed in the rest of the logs

Any help is appreciated.