---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : "zazo" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To          : "Jetspeed Users List" jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc          :
Date      : Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:56:16 +0100
Subject : Re: Re:Deploying portlet

> Hello,
>
> First of all, thank you for the reply.
   You are welcome ;-)

> Well, I'm not using CLASSPATH at all. It's not defined. Could that
> be a problem? Is possible that I don't have any version of Jdom or
> xerces libarary? Will it be enough if I just put recent ones to the
> /tomcat/shared/lib folder?
   Pheraps it's tomcat or JBoss that have an old version of JDom... try to
search for in all .jar files the name Element. Infact if you go to this link
(JDom javadoc): http://www.jdom.org/docs/apidocs/org/jdom/Element.html you can
find the method addElement(string value); this method is present in JDom 1.0
but, i'm not sure, not in older Jdom version. You can also try to download JDom
1.0 and set it in your classpath so you can see if you have still this error.
Bye