Marcel Dullaart wrote:
Hi David,

I am a collegue of Chris, and we have no experience with velocity.

Can you give a simple overview/list of the classes/packages that
implement the velocity templating engine, so we might give it a try to
implement the jsp engine ourselves?

Lets start with overriding a layout.
Layouts are implemented as portlets.
See the layouts-portlets directory, and the base classes for our current layouts are:

org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.layout.LayoutPortlet
and
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.layout.LayoutPortlet.MultiColumnPortlet

Note that LayoutPortlet extends GenericServletPortlet

I think you can start with the same approach.
You will need to create an equivalent of the JetspeedPowerTool with perhaps a tag library or request scoped bean.

Im in the process of documenting the JetspeedPowerTool this week.
It would be best if the JSP layouts would make use of the same JPT as the velocity layouts.

see the org.apache.jetspeed.velocity package, and specifically:

JetspeedPowerTool
JetspeedVelocityViewServlet

--
David Sean Taylor