Hello,

I have a struts portlet which uses a filter. The SvcIFilter call has to be
the first on the way in and the last on the way out. It is used to
open/close Connections to a database.

The stand-alone struts application works fine, with the following
configuration:

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>SvcI Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

For the Portlet, I started getting into troubles because the close method
of the filter was called to early. That is, we have a strict open-close
sequence which works fine in the stand alone application. I first tried to
configure the web.xml file like this:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
         http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
         version="2.4">
         .
         .
         .
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>SvcI Filter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
        </filter-mapping>

Then I tried this: (change in the url-patttern)

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>SvcI Filter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
                <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
        </filter-mapping>

The latter configuration gave better results (I could get up to the
initial display of the portlet), but any click on a link (invoking a
struts action) gave Exceptions because the close method of the filter was
executed to early.

How should I configure the url-pattern so the filter gets called the first
on the way in and the last on the way out ??? I repeat, the stand-alone
struts application works fine...

Note that I am using struts-bridge 0.1

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards