David Sean Taylor wrote:
angeloimm wrote:

Hi all; if i know the psml name... how could i have a parameter in this psml file?

Not sure if I understand the question, but I'll try.
To change the parameters on a portlet instance, you can edit the psml file by hand, for example the StockQuote portlet, override the default init parameters on a portlet instance:

        <entry id="P-f570871a5a-10008" parent="StockQuote">
            <layout position="-1" size="-1">
                <property name="column" value="0"/>
                <property name="row" value="1"/>
            </layout>

            <parameter name="symbols" value="MSFT,IBM,ORCL,SUNW,ITGW"/>

        </entry>

or change them from the running portlet. For example the StockQuote portlet provides an edit mode to edit the parameters

For example let's suppose i have in the file a.psml a parameter called text..... well in a portlet called b how can i have this parameter?
Thanks

Programatically a Jetspeed-1 portlet can access its PSML parameters by via the portlet instance

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/apidocs/org/apache/jetspeed/portal/PortletInstance.html

The are a few variations on this, see the example portlets that come with the distribution

Hi,

What about J2? Can you configure fragments responsible for portlets in similar way? Can you add a paramater tag to the psml file? And finally can you access those parameters programatically later?

Thank you for any help.