Daniel Brose wrote:
Hi David,
hi all!

Could you send the relevant properties from your
JetspeedResources.properties. Also, for Jetspeed-1, to switch databases
you have to change the Torque properties and rebuild. Did you do that?

Okay, here are the relevant properties from my JetspeedResources.properties
(as far as I know which ARE relevant):

# To use the File-based PSML service, select (uncomment) this service (this
is the default setting):
#
services.PsmlManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.Cast
orPsmlManagerService

Is that my email wrapping ? Looks like 2 separate lines to me i.e. its not commented out

# To use the DB-PSML service, select (uncomment) this service, and comment
out the above service:
services.PsmlManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.D
atabasePsmlManagerService

# Select this service to import from File System to the Database (make sure
that DatabasePsmlManagerService is selected above)
services.PsmlImportManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanage
r.CastorPsmlManagerService
# Select this service to import from the Database to the File System (make
sure that CastorPsmlManagerService is selected above)
#
services.PsmlImportManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanage
r.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService

again, it looks to me like you have both uncommented just select one

And yes, I changed my Torque.properties and rebuild. I'm already using MySQL for users. Here are my settings for my db in my Torque.properties:

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=mysql
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user = jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = jetspeed

Finally, check the log files from the import.
Send any relevant stack traces to this list

Actually there seem to be some problems with the MySQL driver. As I'm
already using it for users, I thought anything would be fine with it. Where
do I put the jar for the MySQL driver so that maven recognizes it?
Excerpt from my jetspeedservices.log:

Seems like the import command line task in the cvs head didn't have a standard way of addding the driver
I just updated the maven.xml in the cvs head
You can use this property for your classpath, for example:

org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.j1.drivers.path=/etc/drivers/jdbc/mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software