I've spent some time trying to use the portal-struts bridge to get an application running as a portlet.

I'm experiencing behaviour which appears to be related to buffering in the JspWriter.

The struts application uses an xslt filter to transform xml to html (usually). As a standalone application it works, as a portlet I got tow responses from it,

no content, or truncated xml at about 8k. I could trigger the second response by adding content till the xml exceeded the 8k boundary.

I tried setting a jsp page directive with buffer="none" and now I get no content whatever I do.

The filter wraps the response and I added some debugging to the wrapper - for example I flagged the getWriter() call. Before setting the buffering in the page directive, getWriter() was called after the jsp was processed. Once I set buffer="none" is was called early in the jsp. However, nothing was written o the writer (more debugging to track that).

Any clues?

--

Mike Douglass                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer