Scott wrote:
If you are using the bin dist, then you do not have to follow the getting-started page.

[Another new user on Windows chiming in...] I also need help getting started with the binary distribution. I downloaded and unzipped jetspeed-2.0-M1.zip. Since there was no .war file, I copied and pasted the contents of the 'webapps' directory (the jetspeed subdirectory and the jetspeed.xml file) into Tomcat's webapps directory and started Tomcat.

I put the details here:  http://wiki.wendysmoak.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?JetSpeed
The relevant lines from the Tomcat log file are:

2005-03-12 16:01:50 StandardContext[/jetspeed]: Servlet /jetspeed threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jetspeed/exception/JetspeedException

2005-03-12 16:01:50 StandardContext[/jetspeed]: Servlet /jetspeed threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet or a class it depends on
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet

2005-03-12 16:01:50 StandardContext[/jetspeed]: Servlet /jetspeed threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedVelocityViewServlet
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jetspeed/locator/TemplateLocatorException

So it seems like something (a .jar file?) is missing from the webapp included in jetspeed-2.0-M1.zip. Any advice?

--
Wendy Smoak