From:     Ray Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent:     Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:14:58 -0800 (PST)
To:       Jetspeed Users List <jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject:  RE: Re: Re: Getting Jetspeed started on Windows

I'm sorry I couldn't help you.  I the same thing that
you did and it worked for me.  I have no experience
with Jetspeed other than installing it and bringing it
up a couple of times to look at it.  Your problem
seemed like the same thing that I had, but it doesn't
seem to have the same resolution.  So I don't know
what to tell you.

Sorry, :(
Ray

http://www.apache.org/dist/portals/jetspeed-2/JETSPEED-2.0-M1-README.txt

"http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started.html";

====================================================== > > type Exception report

> > > message
> > >
> > > description The server encountered an internal
> error
> > > () that prevented it from fulfilling this
> request.
> > >
> > > exception
> > >
> > > javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to
> initalize
> > > jetspeed.
> > > org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException:
> > > Unable to create Engine

org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:206)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:691)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:658)

org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:45)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:325)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:245)

> > > root cause
> > >
> > > org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException:
> > > Unable to create Engine

org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:76)

org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.init(JetspeedServlet.java:135)

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:590)

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470)

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1106)

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)

=== message truncated ==