Thomas,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
hi !
i dont know, why i got no answer for my mail rom 03.03 - so two reasons are possible.
nobody or everybody knows the answer...
for everybody who is interisting to know how he
could start a struts-bridge-application in pluto rc1:
3: everybody who does know the answer was too damn busy at the time ;-)

Although your solution will work, I can't say I recommend doing it like this.
Once the Bridges subproject is finally started under Apache Portals (hopefully
soon now...) I will provide portal specific providers for the
ServletContextProvider.
I could do so right now for Pluto except I don't want to bring its dependency
into
the bridges-common project just to be able to compile it.

I suggest the following solution until we can provide this through the Bridges
Project:
- Copy the
jetspeed/commons/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/portlet/ServletContextProviderImpl.java
  into a new package/folder of your own like:
    org.apache.portals.bridges.common.providers.pluto
  and adapt the package in the ServletContextProviderImpl.java file accordingly.
- Make the changes you described below (replacing JetspeedPortletContext with
PortletContextImpl)
  and replace import statement
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContext with
  org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletContextImpl.
  Now you will have a Jetspeed independant ServletContextProvider for pluto.
- Compile the class and put it into $Tomcat/shared/lib and you're done.
  And you *don't* have to use the jetspeed-commons-2.0-M2-dev.jar anymore.

Regards, Ate

at the moment its only a temporary solution with the struts-demo

 go to file:
ServletContextProviderImpl in J2 project :-)

change line:
return ((JetspeedPortletContext)portlet.getPortletContext()).getServletContext();

into
return ((PortletContextImpl)portlet.getPortletContext()).getServletContext();

you havt to import
import org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletContextImpl;

compile an build the j2 project.

find the
jetspeed-commons-2.0-M2-dev.jar (it includes the ServletContextProviderImpl)
and copy it into the web-inf/lib

web.xml:
<servlet>
<servlet-name>StrutsPortletDemo</servlet-name>
<display-name>StrutsPortletDemo Wrapper</display-name>
<description>Automated generated Portlet Wrapper</description>
<servlet-class>org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>portlet-class</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>portlet-guid</param-name>
<param-value>struts-demo.StrutsPortletDemo</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>StrutsPortletDemo</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/StrutsPortletDemo/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<taglib>

Portlet.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app id="struts-demo" version="1.0">
<portlet id="StrutsPortletDemo">
<init-param>
<name>ServletContextProvider</name>
<value>org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.ServletContextProviderImpl</value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<name>ViewPage</name>
<value>/Welcome.do</value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<name>HelpPage</name>
<value>/Tour.do</value>
</init-param>
<portlet-name>StrutsPortletDemo</portlet-name>
<display-name>Struts Portlet Demo</display-name>
<description>This is the struts MailReader portlet demo</description>
<portlet-class>org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet</portlet-class>
<expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache>
<supports>
<mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
<portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
<portlet-mode>HELP</portlet-mode>
</supports>
<portlet-info>
<title>Struts MailReader Demo</title>
<short-title>This is the short title</short-title>
<keywords>Struts</keywords>
</portlet-info>
</portlet>
</portlet-app>

Portletentitieregsitry.xml

<application id="5">
                <definition-id>struts-demo</definition-id>
                <portlet id="1">
 <definition-id>struts-demo.StrutsPortletDemo</definition-id>
                    <preferences>
                        <pref-name>StrutsPortletDemo</pref-name>
                        <pref-value>StrutsPortletDemo</pref-value>
                        <read-only>false</read-only>
                    </preferences>
                </portlet>
    </application>

Pageregistry.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<portal>

<fragment name="navigation" class="org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.aggregation.navigation.TabNavigation">
</fragment>
<fragment name="test" type="page">
<navigation>
<title>Test</title>