From: "Shah Amit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Best Way to start developing a portal
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:51:50 -0500

Hi Geoff,

I got this advise from David Sean Taylor, and it has really worked great for me.

I have a seperate directory where I have all my source for my portlet, decorators and stuff like that. And then I have my own maven goals in my project files which deploy these portlets, decorators and pages in jetspeed deploy directory.

c:\MyProjects\MyPortlet\src\xxxx etc. is where my source is.

And it gets deployed to c:\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\deploy

And I always download jetspeed distribution to c:\jetspeed2\

This way whenever I want, I update my jetspeed distribution and deploy it. And then use my maven goals to deploy my psmls, portlets etc.

Hope this helps,
Amit

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Geoff Hollingworth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: "Jetspeed Users List" <jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org> To: jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org Subject: Best Way to start developing a portal Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:44:53 -0600

Hi
I now have a succesful environment running on linux using the source from CVS.
I now will start to develop my own portal (skins, layout, portlets). I want to continue to take down the latest source code as I am doing this.
Can anyone recommend the best way i do this so i can easily download the new cvs updates while i am developing my own portal based on it?
thanks in advance
/geoff