I am documenting the Jetspeed 2.0 configuration (as documentation
is sparse...)

Can anyone give me a quick overview of the config files currently in use
for JetSpeed 2.0?

For example, I have the following questions after having investigated
the config, starting from the web.xml:

1.  The web.xml references "jetspeed-configuration.xml".  Is this
the location of a XML config database that will be created?
Or is this a leftover config item that is no longer being used?
I see no jetspeed-configuration.xml in either the binary or source
distributions.

2.  In the jetspeed.properties file, there is an entry:
   deployment.descriptor.mapping.xml=
        /WEB-INF/conf/portletdefinitionmapping.xml

The portletdefinitionmapping.xml only appears in the archives castor directory;
is it obsolete?

Thanks, need help fast!

Mike R.