Hi All,

I'm testing the last Velocity layout support from the 02/15/2001 cvs stuff. When I'm
using EscServeletElement in my portlet, this portlet is rendered before my top
navigation HTML tab.

The same portlet works fine when I use the Jsp layout (the default one).
In this case, the portlet output is place into the correct portlet tab.
Have you already test this situation ?
If yes & works fine, can you send me the TurbineResource.properties to check if I
forget something.

My second question is : How I can use the Turbine servlet within a portlet ?
I expect with EcsServletElement but I get an exception (IllegalStateException :
setting buffer to the writer at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.setBufferSize(...)) only when I'm using the
Turbine servlet within my "servlet" portlet.
Other servlets works fine (based on jsp layout) with this portlet.

Many thanks in advance,
Christophe

In the jetspeed-config.jcfg, I have :
-------------------------------------

        <portlet-entry type="abstract" name="servlet" >
           <classname>lu.cri.portal.portlets.ServletPortlet</classname>
        </portlet-entry>

        <portlet-entry type="ref" parent="servlet" name="testservlet">
        <parameter name="url" value="/portal/template/Login"/>
                 <title>test</title>
                 <description>test</description>
        </portlet-entry>

My portlet code is
----------------------

package lu.cri.portal.portlets;

import org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.AbstractPortlet;

/**
 * Title:
 * Copyright:    Copyright (c) 2001
 * Company:
 * @author
 * @version 1.0
 */
import org.apache.ecs.ConcreteElement;
import org.apache.ecs.ElementContainer;
import org.apache.ecs.StringElement;

import org.apache.jetspeed.portal.*;
import org.apache.jetspeed.util.*;

import org.apache.turbine.util.*;

import org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.AbstractPortlet;
import org.apache.jetspeed.util.servlet.EcsServletElement;

import org.apache.jetspeed.capability.*;

public class ServletPortlet extends AbstractPortlet {

  public ConcreteElement getContent(RunData data) {
    PortletConfig pc = this.getPortletConfig();
    String servletURL = null;

    try {
      ElementContainer base = new ElementContainer();
      CapabilityMap map = CapabilityMapFactory.getCapabilityMap(data);

      servletURL = (String) this.getPortletConfig().getInitParameter("url");
      System.out.println("SERVLET PORTLET : " + servletURL);

//      data.getRequest().setAttribute("test", "a Text");

      if ( map.getPreferredType().equals(MimeType.HTML)) {
        base.addElement(new EcsServletElement(data, servletURL));
      }
      else if (map.getPreferredType().equals(MimeType.WML)) {
         base.addElement(new EcsServletElement(data, servletURL));
      }

      return ( base);
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
      String message = "TestPortlet : Error invoking " + servletURL + " : " +
                       e.getMessage();
      Log.error( message, e);
      return  new StringElement( message );
    }
  }
  public boolean supportsType(MimeType mimeType) {
    return MimeType.HTML.equals(mimeType) ||
           MimeType.WML.equals(mimeType);

  }
}